You can buy carbon fibre brushes for under $10 and although they look similar they are not the real deal when it comes to quality. The AM Brush is superior quality and its million plus conductive carbon fibres will maintain consistence over many years, possibly even decades. They are small enough to get into the groove and their conductivity helps drain static charge. Static charge is high voltage, low amperage and is easily dissipated into the user’s body. Unlike cleaners that must be used with a fluid, the AM Record Brush is incapable of hurting your records. A great product that should be in every Turntable/Record Player owners collection.
- Hand-made carbon hair brush for removing dust from vinyl records.
- The brush makes the record antistatic so it does not attract dust.
- For those who care for their collection of vintage or brand new vinyl records.
- Can also be used for Shellac records.
Directions for use:
1. Place record on platter and start turntable.
2. Holding metal part of brush, gently place the brush across the grooves for a few turns until dust is collected.
3. With the brush on the record, carefully pull the brush towards you. Try not to lose any of the collected dust. It might be necessary to make a second pass to insure getting the very fine micro-dust which the carbon fibers are capable of collecting.
4. Rotate the brush within the metal handle to clean the bristles.